CALL (855 482 4327)
Know your rights! ask your doctor if your hearing loss is work-related & claim your compensation
Download a Hearing Loss Brochure - Click Here
*Serving the State of California"
Having Trouble Hearing? Take this simple self-test to see if you might have impaired hearing.
Hearing Loss Evaluation.
- Do you often need to turn the volume up on the TV?
- Do you frequently ask others to repeat themselves?
- Do you have trouble understanding people when you are in groups or noisy situations?
- Do you have to sit up front in meetings or church in order to understand?
- Do you find it difficult to understand women or young children?
- Do you have trouble knowing where sounds are coming from?
- Are you unable to understand when someone talks to you from another room?
- Have others told you that you don’t seem to hear them?
- Do you avoid family meetings or social situations because you “can’t understand”?
- Do you have ringing or other noises (tinnitus) in your ears?
“I stopped working in 1998. My union sent me a letter notifying me that Gaylord & Nantais were screening folks at the hall. I attended that meeting in 2006. Tom Nantais took my case to trial, and I received $33,320.00 in compensation, plus free hearing aids for the rest of my life. In addition, the insurance company has just offered to buy out my future medical benefits for $23,000.00 more. Thank you, Tom”
- Robert Waugh, Bodfish, CA
“Please receive my deepest thanks and appreciation for your efforts on my behalf. The amount received will certainly help toward better hearing aids. Thank you so much for this unexpected blessing!”
- Jose D. Ramirez, La Mirada, CA
“I stopped working around loud noise nearly 20 years ago. Gaylord & Nantais filed a claim for me, and I got $13,000.00 in less than six months. I now have a new top-of-the-line hearing aid and it works great.”
- Robert MacDonald, Long Beach, CA
“I retired from Greyhound as a mechanic, and noticed I had really bad hearing. I was referred to Gaylord and Nantais and they got me a settlement of $45,000.00. I was really surprised and so grateful. I recommend anybody who worked around loud noise and suffers from poor hearing to give Gaylord and Nantais a call.”
- Alvaro Espinoza, Los Angeles, CA
- If you answered “yes” to fewer than three of the questions, you may have no significant hearing loss.
- If you answered yes to three to five of the questions, you may have a slight hearing problem.*
- If you answered yes to five to seven of the questions, you may have a moderate hearing problem.*
- If you answered yes to more than seven of the questions, you may have a significant hearing problem.*
*In order to determine the exact degree of hearing loss present, you should have your hearing evaluated by a licensed hearing professional. Call us at (855) 482 4327 and speak directly to one of our specialists about your rights to find out if you qualify for a no-cost evaluation and other compensation today.
Worker’s Compensation Benefits Include:
- A comprehensive medical exam by an ear, nose & throat doctor, including audiological testing.
- Free Hearing aids for life. When your aids are lost or damaged, they will be replaced. If the technology changes substantially, you may obtain new hearing aids.
- Batteries for life.
- Compensation based on the schedule for rating whole person impairment by the AMA (American Medical Association).
Hearing Loss Evaluation.
An evaluation for monetary compensation for work related hearing loss encompasses the following:
- A careful history of the hearing loss, prior noise exposures, and any otologic complaints.
- A past-medical history with emphasis on trauma, diseases, drugs, and inherited disorders that could contribute to hearing loss.
- A physical examination with emphasis on the ears and nasopharynx.
- Audiometric testing. This evaluation does not take much time, and it is painless.
Know your legal rights to compensation, medical benefits, hearing aids & batteries.
The World Health Organization has said that workplace noise exposure is responsible for the most common injury to workers – Hearing Loss! Noise exposure from things such as loud machinery, engines, music, crowds, etc., is responsible for 40% of all hearing loss. In 80% of those cases, the noise exposure occurs when the person is working. Thirty million workers are affected by this epidemic!
Most health plans do not cover hearing aids, the most effective treatment for neurosensorial hearing loss (the kind caused by excessive noise exposure). Even Medicare fails to provide for hearing aids. This is very unfortunate since new technologies have vastly improved the effectiveness of the new breed of digitally programmable hearing aids, which can amplify voices while suppressing background noise. These advances have also increased the cost of many hearing aids, which can range in price from $900 to $8500 a piece. Obviously, with higher device costs, many people who would otherwise benefit from having these new products cannot afford them.
You may be entitled to get your hearing aids free, paid for, and receive monetary compensation for your hearing loss – even if it has been many years since you last worked around loud noise. Most workers are unaware that hearing loss is a work-related injury covered by workers’ compensation laws. These laws provide for doctors’ appointments, hearing tests and hearing aids. In addition, depending upon how severe the hearing loss is, you may be entitled to compensation.
The Law Offices of Gaylord and Nantais specialize in hearing loss injuries. They will help you get the hearing aids you so desperately need and deserve as well as compensation for your hearing loss.
Noise-induced hearing loss can be objectively identified and diagnosed by an audiologist or ENT doctor. Ask your health specialist if you might have noise-induced hearing loss.
If so, call the Law Offices of Gaylord and Nantais at (855) 4U2 HEAR and speak directly to one of our specialists about your rights.
Se Habla Español! Call Us Today for a FREE consultation ( 855 ) 4U2 HEAR ( 855 482-4327 ) ~ 4001 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807